As of May 13, 2020, Dental Clinics have re-opened with new guidelines.
What you can expect when booking an appointment with your dentist:
- Dentists will pre-screen patients for vulnerability and pre-existing conditions. When possible, these patients will be scheduled at the beginning of the day.
- Clinics will interview the patients the day prior to appointment. You will be required to answer some screening questions.
What you can expect when arriving to your appointment with your dentist:
- Patients should telephone the clinic from outside upon their arrival.
- Patients should wait in their vehicle or outside the clinic until called upon to enter the premises.
- Patients must attend their appointments alone unless circumstances require assistance (e.g. child) at which point one other guest may attend.
- All patients and guests must enter the clinic wearing a community mask.
- Patients and guests must sanitize/wash hands immediately upon entering the clinic.
- Staff will accompany patient throughout the clinic to minimize touching of surfaces.
- Patients and any accompanying guests will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during patient check-in and shall not be allowed further entry if signs and symptoms are present. Temperatures will be taken and recorded. If patient’s temperature is exceeding 38C, the patient will not be seen unless it can be reasonably attributed to a dental issue.
- If screening reveals signs or symptoms of COVID-19, the appointment will be deferred for a minimum of 14 days, and the patient will be advised to call Tele-Care 811.
- After check-in, patient can be seated in operatory and patient traffic flow will be reduced to a capacity that ensures strict adherence to physical distancing guidelines.
If you are seeking more information or clarity, please see attached COVID-19 full operational plan below.