Review the materials in this package as well as the Oral Health Glossary for concepts and terms. The unit is designed to be used in whole or in part, depending on the time available within the classroom. Some activities may take more time or resources than others.
- Additional readings and other resources are noted in the document “Dental Days Reading List”.
- Gather materials for Activities.
- Call on students to define terms in bold using their Oral Health Glossary.
- Discussion Option: The Question & Answer page provides an opportunity to discuss dental decay with students in the class.
- Ask students to collect labels from food items for discussion.
- Contact the NB Dental Society to arrange for a dentist or other dental team member to speak with the class, if possible. Note that this request should be made at least two weeks in advance.